Considerate Sacramento Business Litigation Attorney Works To Resolve Costly Conflicts
Reliable law firm litigates on behalf of businesses in the Sacramento area
If your company was wronged by a breach of contract, or you are accused of a breach, contacting a respected law firm right away can help you to resolve conflicts with confidence and efficiency. James R. Dickinson, Attorney At Law, represents business owners in the Sacramento area and throughout California in a wide range of cases. Mr. Dickinson has the skill to represent your interests in California courts, but also able to reach negotiated settlements, saving you time and expense, when that is your best course of action.
Attentive lawyer advises businesses in breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is compromised, it can cause long-lasting trouble for the business, affecting operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract fails to perform as they had promised, there are a variety of remedies that can be sought to provide monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
James R. Dickinson, Attorney At Law, is committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are plaintiffs or defendants.
Helpful attorney seeks negotiated settlements
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. Mr. Dickinson will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. He understands the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
Established litigator upholds your rights in court
When finding common ground with the other party is not possible, Mr. Dickinson is able to build a strong case and present it strategically before a judge. In addition to breach of contract, the possible legal actions that a business may face can include issues with employees, customers, other businesses or the government related to:
- Business torts
- Partnership disputes
- Construction law
- Real estate
- Breach of contract
- Negligent misrepresentation
- Partnership disputes
- Business disputes
For issues such as these, Mr. Dickinson can provide trustworthy legal guidance and representation that protects one’s business and profitability.
Contact a dedicated California business litigation attorney
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, taking prompt legal action is essential. Call me at 916-426-8270 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Sacramento office.